Signs of Raised Foundation Issues
Raised foundation issues (also known as crawl spaces) are a significant and costly problem in their own right; but left unaddressed, even the most minor foundation damage can lead to much more extensive (and more costly) repairs down the road. Luckily, there are quite a few warning signs when your foundation starts to cause problems, and it takes just a few minutes for you to scan your property for each of them. Here are 7 of the most common signs of foundation problems.
- Plaster cracks in walls (Especially over doorways, windows, or where walls meet ceilings.)
- Bulging stucco or plaster.
- Doors and windows that start to stick or won’t open/close properly.
- Sagging, uneven floors or ceiling cracks.
- Crumbling, cracking, or otherwise deteriorating stem wall.
- Gaps between the chimney and the house.
- Spongy or squishy floors.
If you’ve noticed any of these signs, or are unsure about your home’s foundation, then schedule a checkup today!